Some of our stories made more of a splash than others. Here are our most read stories published in 2016.
- Ohio court says bobcat can be a housecat
- Failures to follow law caused Flint water crisis
- Michigan gets four Historic Places designations
- A sound strategy: blasting carp from the Great Lakes
- Digital map tracks factory farm environmental violations
- Flint water, Detroit air casualties of environmental justice
- Photo Friday: Melting Lake Michigan ice creates mini stalagmites
- Great Lakes ports open their docks for cruise lines
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore could be connected by National Marine Sanctuary
- Researchers eye trout spawning sites from space
Some articles we published in past years continued to get significant attention in 2016. This article about bull sharks in the Great Lakes would have taken the number five spot in the above list. A 2010 interview with author Joyce Egginton would have placed sixth and this 2012 round up of each Great Lake’s best assets would have followed in seventh.
We look forward to continuing to be a staple source for Great Lakes news in the new year. Thanks for following along.